Steigerwaldt Land Surveying, LLC delivers professional land surveying and associated consulting services provided by a Wisconsin Registered Land Surveyor. Our experience is as diverse as our client base, from large-scale surveys in remote areas for public and industrial forest lands to multi-layered urban development. With a diverse background in both the public and private sector, our staff has acquired the knowledge, skill, and ability to deliver prompt, professional final products for a wide variety of scenarios. Open lines of communication from initial consultation, to in-depth research and detailed proposal, responsible field work and accurate data collection, all the way through delivery of aesthetically pleasing final map products, our customers are kept abreast of the status of their project. Our trademark is our passion: Quality work fast, with honesty and integrity. We ensure cost-effective, complete solutions to every satisfied client.
- Boundary Survey, per Wisconsin Administrative code A-E 7: Be empowered by knowing where your property is. A boundary survey will reveal or verify your property lines and corners and will provide an updated legal description. This type of survey is complete in its own right, but can serve as a catalyst for other types of projects. Also called a metes and bounds survey, it describes the boundary of a parcel of land by identifying a place of beginning and proceeding in courses of bearings and distances, returning to the place of beginning. It also includes references to corner monuments.
- Certified Survey Map (CSM), per Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 236: CSMs allow for division, combination, or reconfiguration of parcels of land. They are often required for the creation of lots or minor subdivisions, boundary line adjustments, or as required by the jurisdictional zoning ordinance. Specific mapping regulations guarantee the location of parcels created on a CSM and typically require approval by local authorities.
- Topographic Survey / Site Maps: This survey is usually performed in conjunction with another type of survey. Topo surveys show specified elevations and contours. Natural features such as streams and lakes, and artificial features such as fences, buildings, and landscaping, can also be shown. A planning tool used for approval of preliminary plats and CSMs, this survey is also used to aid in construction, building siting, septic system installation, and visualizing potential.
- State or County Subdivision Plat
- ALTA/ACSM Survey
- AS-Built Surveys
- Condominium Plats and Addendums
- ROW and Utility Easements
- FEMA Floodplain and Certificates and LOMAs
By collaborating with our partners, we are also able to assist with additional projects:
- Construction Staking
- Development Consulting
- Wetland Delineation
- Building Permits and Siting
- Landscaping Planning and Layout
- Environmental Permitting
- Storm Water Management Plans
- 100 Year Flood Studies
- River/Stream Cross Section Surveys